Aadhaar Card – How to Change Your Address and Contact Details – Aadhar Card stores important database of every citizen. The Unique Identification Authority of India / Aadhar card should mandatorily comprise of updated information for pension, taxation and other important purposes.
Any wrong information linked with Aadhar Card can give birth to spoof and malicious activity. Also, misleading information present in Aadhar card can be a source of trouble for both the owner and the government. Therefore, it’s important to update your mobile number and email address to avoid any discrepancy.
Aadhaar Card Change Address and Contact Details
Method 1 # How to Update Contact Details and Address through post?
- Visit the official website Aadhar Card and dress up on the link address update by post option
- You will get a PDF to download
- Fill up the correct details in the mandatory fields and read the guidelines very carefully
- Attach the required supporting documents like license, voter ID, passport and PAN
- Post the form to UIDAI, Post Box number 99 Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500 034 India
- After your request for update has been received by the government; you will be informed through SMS
- Read Also – How to Apply for Aadhar Card Registration
Aadhar card update online does not require any fee payment. However, if you choose to update the details through a post / enrollment Centre, you are expected to pay a price of 25 rupees while getting the details updated.
Method 2 # How to Update Aadhar Card Details Online?
- Visit uidai.gov.in
- Enter 12 digit Aadhaar Card number and you will receive an OTP
- In case you do not receive OTP, try once again after 2 minutes.
- Click upon login button
- Tick the address option and click submit
- Immediately, you will land upon data update request page for entering your demographic information. Demographic information comprises of state, pincode, district, house address.
- After filling up the details correctly, click on submit update request
- Link all the supporting documents so that correct verification is initiated.
- Electricity, phone bill, certificate which is not more than 3 months old should be produced as a proof
- Submit and you will receive update request number. you can check the same later on.
Method 3 # Aadhar Card Update Through Enrollment Center
This is the third and the last method to update your biometrics, email, address, phone number and other information in a hassle-free way. Carry all the original documents to the center and ask the officials to update the details.
Why is it important to update details in Aadhar card?
Since, Aadhar card is now linked with your pan card number and taxation related documents, it is important to keep it absolutely updated. Without important updates, your Aadhar card is not validated. The online process is the easiest and fastest one. However, if you are not thorough with Internet operation, the next best option is to visit enrolment Centre to get the job done.
Important documents required for Aadhar card verification –
- PAN card
- bank account details
- ration card
- LPG connection card
- mobile number
- Voter ID card