Computers have simplified our life which things were previously impossible, Command Prompt Tricks now computers can be thanked immediately. However, this does not mean that a PC is all work and there is no drama.
Here are some of the best Command Prompt Tricks for you can try out in your Windows based computer.
Have fun with Notepad
If you think that Notepad is just a basic text editor, then, you will be amazed by its capabilities. You can use Notepad to create everything from personalised logs to harmless viruses that are incredibly annoying. Go see this post to know just how useful Notepad is.
Command Prompt Tricks too has some tricks up its sleeves
If you think that the Command prompt is a boring old program that no one uses, you are making a huge mistake. It can be used for everything from watching ASCII Star Wars to making folders that you cannot delete. See this post to know about all the cool stuff you can do with the Windows Command Prompt.
Use Keyboard Shortcuts to get work done in no time
If you are tired of having to alternate between your mouse and keyboard to operate your Windows computer, you would love to know these really useful keyboard shortcuts which greatly increase your speed and efficiency. See this post for details.
Make your computer speak what you type
You can use your PC’s built in features and some VBScript magic to create a simple program that will make your computer speak whatever you input to it. Enter the right words and you could imitate a real conversation. Head over to this post to talk with your PC.
Make your computer greet you every time you start Windows
A simple modification in the previous trick will make your computer welcome you in its own mechanical voice every time you log onto Windows. This is achieved by placing the VBS script responsible for making your computer talk in the Startup folder. Read this post to have a computer said welcome.
Find your computer’s gender
Want to know if your PC is a male or a female? Simple. Try the previous trick to know if your computer is a ‘he’ or a ‘she’. On a serious note, this depends upon the voice you have selected in Microsoft Text to Speech options.
Lock Folders with password
If you have important personal files that you do not want other people to see, you can hide them in a password protected folder to prevent unwanted users from seeing them. Go see this post to hide your personal files effectively.
Change your Processor’s name
PC Command Prompt Tricks If you are bored of your old processor and want a new one with a staggering name, you will definitely want to see this trick which allows you to change its name to something extraordinary to make your PC special.
Make a Keyboard Disco
You can use some VBScript coding to create a live disco on your keyboard by making the LED lights flash alternately. See this post to know how your keyboard can turn into a disco.
Recover permanently deleted files in Windows
If you have ever deleted a file in Windows that you did not want to and now want to recover it, you would definitely want to know about some free tools to recover your deleted files easily.
Know if your neighbours are stealing your WiFi connection
command prompt codesCommand Prompt can let you know if someone is connected to your Local Area Connection and using it. Just follow the steps:-
- Open your browser and visit http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 depending on your router.
- Find the tab that mentions “Attached Devices” or something similar.
- Find the computer name, IP address and MAC Address (sometimes called Physical Address or Hardware Address) of your computer using the previous trick.
- Compare it with those displayed by your router in Step 2. If you notice some strange devices, then your neighbour has been sneaking in on your internet connection and it is best to add a password.
Use your Keyboard as Mouse.
You know you can use your mouse as the keyboard using the On-screen keyboard utility. What if I tell you that it is also possible to do the reverse? Just read this post to see how.
Disable USB ports to prevent others from taking your data
Ever wanted to disable your USB ports to prevent others from using their flash drives on your PC? This post explains how to do just that with a simple registry trick. Do note that disabling USB ports will also disable your USB-connected peripheral devices.
How To Cool Command Prompt Tricks and Hacks
- You will find that a command runs automatically and you have to stop it, then there and there. At this time just press Ctrl + C to stop the command flow. This will stop the command updates immediately for you.
- To start copy-paste operation, you have to click on the command title and find the properties. There you will find the option named Quick Edit mode. Just enable it. You will find that you can now copy only one selected section by pressing Enter. You can also paste the copied part with just one right click. This is the best CMD trick, and you can apply for the first tasks.
- Have you forgotten the previously used code? There is no big problem in it. Just use the command/history command as a command and you will get a history of the commands given by you, the last time it is actually one of the best things to do in CMD. So try it now
- You are looking for something new with cool command prompt code. Now copy those codes directly to your clipboard. This is ideal when you are explaining something to somebody, just put ‘clips’ at the end of the order. This will help you explain things, while you are chatting with someone
- Run commands together and together with hints. This is one of the great CMD hacks that will help you in many tasks at the same time. You should also consider this to your friends because they will get help from it.
How To Cool Command Prompt Tricks
- If you are looking for help with your order, then simply enter the code as a suffix/sign. For all valid orders, you will get a full help as shown in the picture below.
- Copy something from the command prompt Just click anywhere just right, select the mark and then use your arrow, select the command you want to copy. Enter it below to copy it. You will get some fun with this fun CMD command.
- If you are looking for a connection to your PC, you can easily go through a network device. Use config / all commands in your command prompt and find full network details. This is one of the cool command prompt Command Prompt Tricks. So use it for its own purpose
- Now you can know the IP address of any website. Just type lookup, give a location and then type the name of the website. You will get the IP address of the website.
- Enjoy the code, turn on the telnet and then type telnet towel. Blink lights NL If you get the START War movie in ASCII, and then here is a good thing for you. This is one of the best things to do with the command prompt.