VLC, free and open source media player is also great in playing the vaguest formats media. However, this is not all that can be used to easily convert video from one format to another. Converting the video with the VLC media player is very fast and in terms of quality, the most premium video converter Is in the league. Whenever you shrink the video to fit your mobile devices, it can also be used for the size of video size from one size to another. It can also work as a quick video cutting tool
Change video with VLC media player
To change the video with VLC media player, follow the steps given below: –
1) Open VLC Media Player
2) Click on the media in the menu bar
3) In the drop-down menu, click on Convert / Save Alternatively, you can press Ctrl + R to access the media options directly.
4) To load that video, click the Add button to the right of the file selection box, the format you want to change
5) Click the Convert / Save button.
6) In the following dialog box, click Browse to select the browse where your converted video will be saved.
7) In the profile selection option, select the pre-configured profile of the output or customize it by clicking on the settings icon located on the right side. If you want to customize the output, you can choose from a series of encapsulation, video and audio formats in the following dialog box.
8) Click start to start conversion
9) Progress bar of VLC will show progress. Do not close the player when it is changing the video, which will result in the loss of the output video.
The speed at which the VLC video converts depends on the specifications of your computer. A fast computer converts faster, while the slow PC takes a lot of time. At the end of the conversion process, you will find a video in the format you have selected in step 6.
Resize and shrink video with VLC media player
Changing the size of the video involves making minor changes in the steps in conversion. When customizing the profile in step 7, go to the Video Codec tab. Inside the Resolution tab, enter the desired width and height that you consider suitable for your needs. After that, convert the video as you usually would. This will result in output video with the same dimension as you specify.
However, it is important to keep in mind that exact dimensions will be achieved only if the aspect ratio of the video is maintained. If the right aspect ratio is not satisfied with your dimensions, then VLC will take one of your dimensions and change the other to satisfy it.
Cut video with VLC media player
To crop the video with the VLC media player, go to the menu bar and click on the View menu. Inside it, check for advanced control. This will have some extra buttons on the normal toolbar. Play the video of your choice and in the video where you want to start, press the record button (with the newly added button) at that point. Then, press this button again when the video will reach the point at which you want to stop it.
The cut video will automatically be saved in your video library. It is located in libraries/videos in Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista. In Windows XP, it is located on my document \ My Video, you can use the frame by frame button to get the highest accuracy. You need to install new versions of this program because older versions do not support this Software.