Apple is at high tide right now, with the latest launch of iPhone X and new iOS 11. When everyone is getting on the line to buy this new phone, some of us still have old iPhone. Old is not the issue because it’s still a world-class technology and far better than any other phone. Android users can troll apple user as much as they can but it has been proven by their product that they are here to stay. There is one common problem occurring in almost every phone, for us who see an iPhone as an expensive investment, when you see a message on the screen that Phone is not charging, we might skip a beat. But there is the solution for every problem. This post will help you in how to fix iPhone Not Charging Issue.
Fix The iPhone Not Charging Issue
- Restart your phone: Almost every single issue can be resolved with rebooting your iPhone, you might be surprised that how much it can solve by simply restarting your phone. This is how you can restart your iPhone.
- Hold down thesleep/wake button (on older models it’s on the top of the phone. On the iPhone 6 series and newer, it’s on the right side) until the power-off slider appears on the screen
- Let goof the sleep/wake button.
- Move the power-off slider from left to right. This causes the iPhone to shut down. You’ll see a spinner on the screen indicating the shutdown is in progress (it can be dim and hard to see, but it’s there).
- When the phone is shut off, hold down the sleep/wake button again until the Apple logo appears on the screen. When it does, the phone is starting up again. Let go of the button and wait for the iPhone to finish booting up.
How to Clean iphone Charging Port
Read Also – How to Remove an Apple ID From Your iPhone
You can also hard reset the phone; here is how it could be done.
- The phone screen facing you, hold the sleep/wake button and the Home button at the bottom center at the same time.
- When the power-off slider appears, don’t let go of the buttons. Keep holding them both until you see the screen go black.
- Wait until the silver Apple logo appears.
- When this happens, you can let go– the iPhone is resetting.
- Replace the cable: if the restart won’t work, check the cable. most of the time we misbehave with that cable can cause this problem, make sure it won’t torn in any side and also check the USB port on the both end and clean it too, always put your lightning cable safely and delicately because it’s not that much expensive but it’s a necessary It’s not always the main reason but its also important one. Always buy original charger cable.
- Wall charger: if the cable is ok then you should check your adapter, try charging by attaching your cable to a computer, it’s also advisable that you try to charge with other charging cable and adapter as to confirm that it is a hardware problem of adapter or cable. I would recommend buying original as then you have a warranty and even if you don’t have, the guy at apple store must have known few tricks to repair it as they work with original charger.
- Clean the port: sometimes big issue created by small matter, in your phone maybe something went inside when you put your phone in your pocket, as this tiny particle can cause big trouble, try to clean it. Try to clean it with toothpick or toothbrush; don’t push too hard or forcefully. Try to be gentle.
- iPhone recovery: after you try all the tricks and tips and it’s still not charging, it’s time to make recovery because it might be a software problem. it’s important to know that in Recovery Mode, you delete the data on your phone. When you use Recovery Mode, your phone will expect to have its data restored from a backup or to be returned to factory settings.
- Dead battery: so we have tried restarting, cleaning, changing cable, we even tried to recover to factory mode, still it won’t charge, that sadly your battery is gone. It could happen because no one knows that how many charging cycles it could take. Now the last option you have is to visit the nearest apple store and let the experts try to figure out what is the issue. It’s better to let them handle because as an amateur you will break it rather than fix it.
You can also try checking for update as sometimes it’s just a software glitch and apple developer may have solved it, as it happens, the iOS 11 which is newly launched have battery draining issue, thousands of people have tried everything but it just won’t solve, Apple has to send update in just a week after its launch, which also solved the email issue with iOS 11. Now just hope it also solve the battery killer issue.
Some tricks to charge your phone before you go to apple store
- Try gently balancing the phone on the connector while it charges. You have to be careful because the charging cable is prone to snapping off when too much pressure is placed on it. But it does at least feel that it helps to place enough pressure onto the Lightning connector so that it is forced into the phone helps.
- Weirdly, we have also found that using an old 30-pin iPhone cable with a Lightning adaptor works better than a standard Lightning cable.
iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch wont charge, iphone wont charge or turn on
You have put lots of money into buying this phone and if you cant enjoy it properly, best to fix the problem as soon as you can. I hope this article serves you right and help you with your problem.