Keep your computer clean is important for two reasons: for your PC’s health and your own. A bunch of uninstall programs makes your computer slow and a messy desktop will do the same to your mind. That is why you have to uninstall the apps you no longer want to use or need.
Removing of programs is not always easy and sometimes the apps leave the unwanted proof behind, sometimes they refuse to uninstall and sometimes they are become impossible to delete.
The computer users who unwillingly installed a program can easily uninstall it using built-in Windows features. The PC users know that internet is flooded with various potentially unwanted applications which install together with free software or through misleading online banner ads.
Uninstall Programs on Windows
The most common software which installs without user’s approval cause unwanted ads, slow down the user’s operating system and it can lead to security and privacy issues. To avoid the installation of unwanted programs internet users are advised to only install software which they trust and be approval when downloading freeware.
Read Also – How to Enable Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10
If you are looking for how to uninstall programs on Windows 10 | Windows 8 | Windows 7, then below in this article we provide you the process for how to uninstall programs from the windows. Just follow the procedure are given below.
How to Uninstall a Program on Windows 7
Follow the steps are given below if you want to know how to uninstall programs on windows 7. We provide a step-by-step procedure.
- Open the Start menu = For doing this either click on the Windows logo in the bottom left corner of the screen or press on your computer’s windows key.
- Click on control panel = You should see this option on the right side of the start window. If you are not able to see the Control Panel, then type control panel into the search bar at the bottom of the start window, then click on the Control Panel result.
- Uninstall a program = Click on the program icon which features a CD in front of a box in main Control Panel window.
- Locate and click on the program which you want uninstall = If the uninstall programs which you want to remove does not appear on the list, it may have its own uninstall tool which can be found by typing the program’s name into start and looking for an “Uninstall option”.
- Click on Uninstall button = This button appears above on the list of programs. Clicking on it will usually prompt a pop-up window with the program’s uninstall process detailed.
- Follow the on-screen prompts = Each program has a marginally different uninstall process; some will uninstall instantly once you click on the Uninstall button and others will require you to specify whether or not you want to save some temporary files.
How to Uninstall a Program on Windows 8
Uninstalling desktop programs in windows 8 very similar to the previous version of Windows, but the process is become a little more confusing due to the lack of traditional start menu. Windows 8 also introduces app which can be downloaded from the windows store. These apps do not appear in the old Control Panel programs list and we need to delete it by using Windows 8 new menu system. Follow the steps are given below if you want to know how to uninstall programs on windows 8.
- Log in as administrator = In the process of uninstalling a program, and then you will need to have an administrator access or know the administrator password. It will only work if the administrator account is a local account. It will only work if the administrator account is a local account. If the administrator account is a Microsoft account, then there is no way to bypass the administrator password.
- Right click on the start button in the left corner and select “Programs and Features” = It will take you directly to your list of installed programs. If you want to uninstall apps installed from the windows store. If you don’t have a start button, then you are likely running Windows 8 alternative of windows 8.1. Press on the windows key + X to open the menu and select “Programs and Features”.
- Find the program which you want to uninstall = The list of programs will take a few moments to completely fill up, exclusively if you have a lot of programs or a slower computer.
- Select the program which you want to remove and click on uninstall button = The button will appear at the top of the list once you have selected a program.
- Follow the prompts to uninstall the program = Each program has their own un-installation procedure. Make sure that you read all the prompts carefully, as some of the more malicious programs try to cheat things in hoping which you won’t read closely.
Read Also – How to Download iMessage for PC Windows [Perfect Methods]
How to Uninstall a Program on Windows 10
After some time, your computer surely gets crowded with programs and apps which you rarely or no longer use and you will force uninstall programs windows 10. Your hard disk thus becomes arrogant with unwanted and unused apps or programs. It will slow your computer, so if you have the apps and programs installed on your device which you no longer want or no longer use, it is better to uninstall those to free up disk space for the more useful and new programs and apps which you may want. Follow the steps are given below if you want to know how to uninstall a program on windows 8.
- Click on the start button = The Windows start icon is available at the bottom left side of your desktop.
- Choose Settings = At the lower section of the left pane of the start menu, click on “Settings”. The settings menu will appear in a different window.
- Click on “System” in the settings window = It will take you to the next window, the “system” screen.
- Select the “Apps and features” on the left pane of the “System” window = Wait for a moment while your device occupies the right pane with the list of installed programs and apps. At the top of the list of apps, you will able to find three boxes which will help you locate the app you want to uninstall.
- Find the app which you want to uninstall = At the top of a search box, type a whole name of the app which you want to uninstall. All the other apps listed will disappear except for the app whose name you typed.
- Uninstall the program or app = Once you find the app or program which you want to uninstall, click on it. It will cause the uninstall button for the app to appear. Click on the Uninstall button at the right bottom of the dialog box.