After a decade of the launch of Apple’s first iPhone back in 2007 in a bid to revamp and transform the landscape of mobile phones, Apple is all set to revamp its iPhone lineup with the launch of its latest iPhone 8.
Pic Credit: Mac Rumours
It is reported that iPhone 8can be the future of all mobile phones that are all set to create a true revolution in the mobile arena. Even before its launch, expectations for iPhone 8 are touching the skyline.
In this article, we will be giving you some information about the some of the features, specifications, pricing and the much-awaited release date of iPhone 8.
The design concept of iPhone 8
The major change that everyone is expecting from iPhone 8 is the immense ramping-up of the screen-to-body ratio of the mobile phone. This ratio will reveal the amount of the display occupied by the front of the device.
It gossips that this latest Apple iPhone 8 will come with a 5.5-inch display screen. Since the display size is being increased, the home button of the device might be removed from the display screen to slenderize the device’s bezel.
If the rumors are to be believed, the device might come with a curved screen, but still, there are still no clear data about the design of its display.
According to leaked information and speculated rumors, the major change expected in iPhone 8 would be in its display which is by removing the Home Button.
In September 2016, however, an article revealed that the latest invention by Apple that is to be launched in 2017 would have a full-screen display with a virtual button on its display screen.
iPhone 8 is also expected to remain water-resistant in its design which design was first launched in iPhone7.
But, it is expected that the latest speculation would come with an increased watertight IP68 rating to compete with its rivals in the market such as Samsung Galaxy S7.
Also Check: How to Check iPhone Data Usage
New in iPhone 8 Specifications
- Screen –According to the latest news, Apple will introduce its first-ever OLED displays in iPhone 8. They have confirmed that the conventional LCD display will be replaced with an OLED screen as the pixels of OLED screen reproduce its own light. So, the screen won’t require any backlight which will save the energy and power. Also, each individual pixel on the screen can be turned off which will enable truer blacks, thus broadening color. iPhone 8 will be reportedly launched with three different screen sizes 4.7 inches, 5.5 inches, and 5.8 inches. All these three screens will be having OLED Displays.
- Performance – Apple will be launching it’s iPhone 8 with new system-on-a-chip. It is most likely to have an A11 This A11 processor will be built on the 10nm FinFET process. FinFET is a process which creates a chip to increase the power efficiency and the overall performance of the device. This is the first time that Apple will be using the 10nm chip in any of models.
- Photography – Apple will be integrating new vertical dual camera arrangement in its new iPhone 8 instead of its conventional horizontal dual camera system. For wider angle coverage the lens will feature optical image stabilization system. The front camera of iPhone 8 will be equipped with 3D-sensing abilities. This feature will allow the camera to recognize the location and depth of the objects in 3D space. iPhone 8 will be able to not only capture images but also alter the depth of the images or depth of the objects in the images later.
- Power – If the rumors over the internet are to be believed, Apple’s iPhone 8 will be launched with wireless charging facility. In February Apple has collaborated with Wireless Power Consortium for this. WPC has created Qi wireless charging standard which was first incorporated in Samsung Galaxy S7. Only a few models of iPhone 8 would support wireless charging. Also, the USB-A part of the charging cable will be replaced with USB-C, though the other end will remain with the Lightning connector in the same way.
- Biometrics –According to KGI Securities, Apple is planning to include new biometric features in iPhone 8 for functions such as facial recognition and iris scanning. This feature will improve the security and will help its users to access the phone securely.
Also Check: iMessage for PC
Specifications of iPhone 8
- Battery – 3000 mAh
- Camera Features – Dual Led Flash, 4k Video Recording
- Camera (Rear) – 16 Megapixels
- Camera (Front) – 8 Megapixels
- Features – Fast Charging, 5G Technology, Finger Print Scanner, Retina Eye Scanner
- Memory – 32/64/128 GB Internal memory and expandable with dual Micro SD cards
- Operating System – iOS 10.02 upgradable to 11.0
- Processor – A – 11
- RAM – 4 GB RAM
- Release Date – September 2017
- Price – $750 USD, 700 Euro
- Colors – Gold, Rose Gold, White, Silver, Jet Black
- Screen Display – 5.0” with 1920 x 1080 Screen Resolution
Some iPhone 8 Leaks – Here
iPhone 8 Release Date
There are very light rumors and speculations about the release date of iPhone 8 in September 2017. iPhone 8 is expected to be launched in the mid of September 2017 because it has been observed that all the predecessors of iPhone 8 were launched in the mid of September as well. Based on the same observations, the launch date of iPhone 8 for the public is expected to be either September 12 or September 13, 2017. But, there are also some other rumors which reveal that Apple might schedule to launch it’s iPhone 8 next on September 22nd or September 23rd. For the precise release dates of iPhone8, we still have to wait till the time when Apple starts making preparation for its launching ceremonies.
Based on the same observations, the launch date of iPhone 8 for the public is expected to be either September 12 or September 13, 2017. But, there are also some other rumors which reveal that Apple might schedule to launch it’s iPhone 8 next on September 22nd or September 23rd. For the precise release dates of iPhone8, we still have to wait till the time when Apple starts making preparation for its launching ceremonies.
The price of iPhone 8
It is a definite fact that Apple iPhone 8 would be the most expensive Smartphone by Apple till date. Based on the fact that with iPhone 7 Apple broke the trend of low 500 pounds smartphones by increasing the price of iPhone 7 to 600 pounds, iPhone 8 would get a colossal price rise at its release. The price of Apple iPhone7 is currently around $1099 to $1499.
So, it is expected that the price range of iPhone 8 would certainly be more than the price of its predecessor iPhone 7. It is predicted that the price range of iPhone 8 would be from $1199 to $1599. The price range of the phone, however, is not yet officially declared and it is a just an estimation. So, we have to wait for the company to reveal its price officially.