[kkstarratings] If you are disturbed by having an iOS device that keeps shutting off without asking any permission from you (or due to low battery), then you might be able to resolve this problem without having to go to the Apple store.
Is your iPhone Shut Off and Wont Turn on – Fix it Now
So, as long as it is not a problem associated with the battery of your phone or any other internals component, then resolving it will be a very simple task involving just a few quick steps.
You can give these methods a try before visiting the Apple store. We hope that your problem gets resolved by these methods.
Forcefully Restarting the device:
If your iPhone or iPad shut off and won’t turn back on automatically, does not get charged, or keeps on crashing, then it might be a time for a manual reset.
Whether it gets on shutting down on its own automatically, or the battery of the device is getting drained rapidly due to rogue processes or Wi-Fi usage or cellular radio activity, a forceful manual reset can help in resolving your problem. You can do a manual forceful reset by following the methods given below:
- On the devices such as iPhone 7 or other newer device, press and keep on holding the Sleep/Wakebutton along with the Volume Down button at the same time.On a device such as iPhone 6s, iPad, or other older devices, press and keep on holding the Sleep/Wake button along with the Home button at the same time.
- Keep on holding the above-given button combination until you see the Apple logo appear on the screen. Your iPhone screen might go dark before the Apple logo appears on the screen. The iOS devices that have white faceplates will show a white launch screen whereas the iOS devices having black faceplates will show a black launch screen.
- You can let go of the button combination as soon as the launch screen appears.
- After your iPhone or iPad gets rebooted, check the device whether it stays on and in operational mode. If your problem does not get resolved by this method (or if it does not get rebooted) then you can follow the next method.
Try to Plug in
If your iPhone shut off, won’t turn back on due to the rapid discharging of the battery, then you should first plug it in. Once the charging cable gets in place, you should check if it has begun to charge.
To check this you will be able to read the battery level on the screen. If, however, it still shows very low to no charge, then it means that something has drained your battery and if it shows a partially or fully charged battery, then you might have some other problem.
Well, whatever the case be, to resolve it you are required to connect your iOS device to its charging cable and plug it into an outlet or USB port to let it start charging. Now, allow it keep charging for about an hour.
If the device does not seem to respond to this, you can try charging the same device with a different charging cable or a different USB outlet plug, or a different USB port on your computer.
Once your device gets fully charged, have a look at your iPhone or iPad and keep on observing if it shuts down again. If not, then your problem might get resolved but if the problem still persists, then try to follow the next method.
Restoring Your iPhone
If your problem does not get resolved even after trying the above mentioned easy fixes, then you can try with the complex ones which in this case will be restoring your iPhone or iPad in iTunes.
Restoring in iTunes is a safer option than iCloud when you face a problem in which iPhone shut off and won’t turn back on because iTunes actually offloads the phone, re-installs, and reloads the data instead of doing all these things in-place and on your device.
To resolve the problem of iPhone shut off be it iPhone shut off a text or iphone shut off screen resolution or complete iPhone shutoff off won’t turn back on, follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, connect your iOS device to iTunes on your Mac or Windows PC using the charging cable of your device.
- Then, click on the Devicebutton available at the top left side.
- Now, click on Back Up Now option available.
- Now, wait for some time until the device finishes the backup process.
- After the completion of the backup process, choose the option Restore iPhone. ( or the option specifying any other iOS device that you have connected).
- Now, again wait for the final restoring process to finish.
After following all the above-mentioned steps, check if your iPhone or iPad stays on. If so, then it is good and your problem is resolved but if not, then you can try this one final method.
Contacting Apple Store
Sometimes things that do not seem like a problem can really be a big problem. Like any electronic device, in iPhone and other Apple devices, batteries may fail and circuits may get short. If you have AppleCare+ store near you, then you should run to get the problem fixed. If you don’t have any such store nearby, then you should get an estimate and weigh the cost of the repair with respect to the cost of upgrading it to a new device.
If you don’t live near an Apple Store, then you can call 1-800-MY-APPLE in order to set up a mail-in repair. If you don’t have AppleCare store near you, you may have to pay for the call, but paying for a call will be very less waste in front of having a dead iPhone or iPad.
We hope that the methods mentioned in this article might have resolved your problem of having an iOS device or an iPhone shut off be it due to iPhone shut off a text or iPhone shut off screen resolution or complete iPhone shut off won’t turn back on. If it does, then do write to us and if the problem gets resolved by some other method then also let us know.