Linking your mobile number with Aadhaar Card has been made mandatory since few months. In order to facilitate a smooth working, government has given an order to initiate the process of linking your mobile number with Aadhaar card.
The process is mandatory to get executed by the end of March 2018. Several people have already compared to the guidelines and linked their cards successfully with the Telecom operator.
Few Reasons why Linking Your Mobile Number with Aadhaar Card is Necessary
- The Identity of the Telecom user identify the person using it. Several numbers are operated by criminals and money launderers. Linking a phone number with Aadhar card would expose the criminals right away.
- Criminals get fake sim card issued in the name of other people. In order to differentiate between the original phone number and the fake one, it has been made mandatory to link up your mobile number with Aadhar card.
- Any mobile phone that has been found working in suspension would be immediately recorded and updated to the authorities.
Let us Know About The Process off Linking Your Aadhaar Card With Mobile Number
- dial 14546 in order to get connected with IVR
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Card number the moment you are asked to do so
- You will receive OTP and the registered number
- Exceptional if the OTP is not received instantly, disconnect your call and repeat the process once again.
- After receiving the OTP, enter the same into the IvR
- after you are done with the process of linking your mobile number with Aadhar card. Now, You have been successfully verified as a genuine Aadhar card user.
Government has also decided to initiate door to door examination of subscriber verification for the disabled ones. The process of kyc has been made compulsory in every possible way. According to the reports, government is making special effort To identify the address and name of the subscribers in the Telecom Department.
The Telecom operators have already started reminding the individuals to link the Aadhaar card with the mobile numbers. The Telecom companies are ordered to cancel the phone numbers of the subscribers who have not got their KYC verified.
Till date, it is not clear whether the unverified numbers would be discontinued or not. However, there is already hype in the retail stores to Link your Aadhaar Card number if you want to stay active.
According to the dot compliance, Telecom operators have to repeatedly remind customers about Aadhar Card linking by sending personal SMS. The fingerprint verification is another important step that is a part of KYC verification. Government is making all the efforts to turn Aadhar card as the only proof of identification.
However, it has to face a lot in order to make the 12 digit identification as the sole Identity Number. With so many fake SIM cards running about the nation, it’s slightly difficult to crack the genuine users and the fake ones.